Are you an Indigenous Maker, Creator, or Artist? This Masterclass was designed specifically for you!
Mādahòkì Farm is proud to present the Indigenous Makers masterclass, available for artists and makers from across Ontario .
Part of the farm’s Indigenous Skills & Training Program, this 2 month paid entrepreneurial course will provide Indigenous participants with the techniques and skills needed to help build and scale their business to support full time employment.
This masterclass is designed exclusively towards participants who want to build their business into a full time source of income. You will have experienced mentors guiding your work and assistance to develop concrete skills to build a successful business
Our first program ran for 2 weeks starting in November 2022. Stay tuned for more information on upcoming sessions in 2023.
Participants in this program will:
- Learn basic business techniques through online classes, zoom meetups and one on one mentoring
- Develop your brand. What is your business about? What do you need to focus on? Moving your business to the next level
- Learn and apply strong social media techniques and product photography
- Be paid to work on your art, craft or product during this 2 month period
- Learn how to improve your website and web presence
- Participate in group discussions with other “Makers” to share and exchange information and ideas. Blue sky strategizing
- Receive advice regarding packaging, labeling and branding in order to grow your sales
- Receive financial advice on pricing, banking, accounting and applying for grants
Prospective students will be required to:
- Submit a Letter of Intent and as to why you should be accepted into this exciting “Indigenous Makers” training program
- Submit a current resume and/or background on your product
Trainees will be provided with a weekly living allowance and transportation costs. 14 days of training will take place at Mādahòkì Farm, 4420 West Hunt Club Rd. Ottawa and balance from home (with zoom). Our first program started on Nov. 7th, 2022.